Master Lock Community Champions Contest Official Rules
- Promoter: Master Lock UK Sales Limited, Unit 26, M11 Business Link, Parsonage Lane, Stansted, Essex, CM24 8GF United Kingdom (“Promoter”, “we”, “us”).
- Administrator of the Promotion: Zeno Group, Inc., 130 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601 USA (“Administrator”).
- Promotion Period: The Promotion opens for entry at 00:00:01 (UK time) on 13 April 2021 and closes at 23:59:59 (UK time) on 1 September 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales), Mexico and the United States who have reached the age of the majority within the jurisdiction from which they reside at the time of entry (individually defined as “Entrant Contact” and collectively defined as “Entrant Contacts”). Employees, officers, and directors of Promoter, Administrator and each of their parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations. Promoter’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Promotion.
- Promotion Description: The Promotion is a program that will recognize outstanding community members through an international call for online story submissions, spotlighting those individuals who share in Master Lock’s values and lean on its strength, courage and resilience to make a difference in the world (“Promotion Theme”). Entrant Contacts may nominate themselves or another individual by submitting a photograph and an essay in two hundred (200) words or less. All Entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprising representatives of Administrator and Promoter and one (1) independent judge, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects. Five (5) Honoree Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded based on specific judging criteria outlined herein. Each Honoree and Grand Prize Winner will be required to select one (1) of three (3) global charities nominated by Promoter that will receive one (1) monetary donation. The list of nominated charities is set out at the end of these Rules. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant Contact unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Promoter and/or the Administrator, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- To Enter:
Eligible Entrant Contacts may enter the Promotion by taking the following steps during the Promotion Period:
- Visit masterlock.eu/100-years/community-champions (“Promotion Website”) during the Promotion Period and submit an Official Entry Form consisting of (i) Entrant Contact’s complete name, valid email address, frequently used telephone number country of residence and (ii) the name of the individual Entrant Contact would like to nominate, who must be either the Entrant Contact or another individual who is a legal resident of Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales), Mexico or the United States and who has reached the age of the majority within their jurisdiction of residence (“Nominee”);
- Submit an essay in two hundred words (200) or less about how this Nominee has made an impact on a specific community and the duration of the Nominee’s service to the community (“Essay”);
- Upload a photograph of the Nominee demonstrating his/her service to the community (“Photograph”); and
- Indicate agreement to these Rules (a, b, c and d, individually defined as “Entry” and collectively defined as “Entries”).
The Photograph can include multiple images created using a collage app but cannot be more than 10MB in size and must be submitted in one of the following formats: .jpg; .jpeg; .png; .gif; or .tiff. By submitting a Photograph of the Nominee and an Essay about the Nominee, you confirm that you have obtained permission from the Nominee to the use of the Entry featuring them for the purposes of this Promotion as set out in these Rules. If the Photograph and/or Essay features any person other than the Entrant Contact and Nominee, Entrant Contact must ensure that such person is informed that the material will be used for the purposes of this Promotion and obtain their consent to such use (or if such person is a minor, the consent of their parent or guardian). Promoter may ask for evidence of any such consent and reserves the right to disqualify any Entry if such evidence is not provided or if Promoter has reasonable doubts about its adequacy.
Please do not include any logos or images in the Photograph unless you have obtained all of the rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Entry and grant the rights herein granted to Promoter and Administrator.
All Entries must be in English. There is no limit on the number of Entries that can be submitted by an eligible Entrant Contact, but each Entry must nominate a different Nominee and include a different Essay and Photograph. The same individual cannot be nominated more than once. No mechanically or programmatically reproduced Entries are permitted. Promoter and Administrator will not verify receipt of Entries for Entrant Contacts. Entries submitted by Entrant Contacts who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void.
No purchase necessary to enter. Internet access is required to enter. Use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and all entries through such devices are void. Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be automatically disqualified. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late entries caused due the Internet. You may also access the Promotion Website from your wireless phone. Use of a mobile device to participate in this Promotion is not required. If you use a mobile device to enter via the Promotion Website, message and data rates may apply, and Entrant Contacts will be solely responsible for any and all applicable charges. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Entry Restrictions: Entries may not contain, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, any material that:
- Is, or may reasonably be considered to be: sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; threatening, abusive, obscene, offensive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous or in breach of confidence;
- Features celebrities, public figures or animated characters;
- Promotes irresponsible or excess consumption of alcohol; promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons or any particular political agenda or message;
- Defames, misrepresents or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, trade names or copyrighted materials owned by others, except those owned by Promoter for which Promoter has provided Entrant Contact a limited license to use at it relates to this Promotion;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than first name), email address or street address;
- Contains any personal information about any person that could reasonably be considered sensitive or private (e.g. information relating to health, racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sex life or sexual orientation) or which would otherwise cause upset or embarrassment if made public;
- Contains anything which may be confidential or commercially sensitive;
- Communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/pr goodwill to which Promotor wishes to associate;
- Contains competitive products of Promoter;
- Violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any other person or company; and/or
- Contains any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to or are likely to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
By entering the Promotion and submitting an Entry, each Entrant Contact:
- Grants to Promoter and the Promotion Entities, a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, assignable, transferable, sub-licensable unqualified, unrestricted, paid up royalty-free license and right (but with no obligation) to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, distribute, display, copy and otherwise exploit their Prize-winning Entry or any part thereof (with or without the entrant’s name and city/state), and any materials based thereon or derived therefrom, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later developed), for any lawful purposes whatsoever (noncommercial or commercial), including, without limitation, for use in the commercial packaging, production of any merchandise to be sold commercially and point-of-sale materials, or for promotion, marketing or advertising of Promoter, or any Promotion Entity, each of their respective brands and/or products in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the Entrant Contact or Nominee, except where prohibited by law. This license expressly includes a right (but not the obligation) for Promoter to modify the Entry, or to remove any third-party intellectual property from the Entry. Promoter shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Entry for any purpose which Promoter deems necessary or desirable;
- Unconditionally and irrevocably waives, and agrees not to assert, any and all moral rights (including the right to be identified as author) he/she may have in respect of the Photograph and Essay;
- Warrants and represents that the Entry is entirely the original creation/work of the Entrant Contact and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party;
- Certifies that the Entrant Contact is the creator and sole copyright owner of the Entry; and
- Confirms that the Entry has not been previously published, has not won previous awards and does not incorporate any material owned by any third party.
If, in the sole discretion of Promoter, the Entry violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Rules or is deemed inappropriate, the Promoter may disqualify the Entry. Promoter reserves the right to request releases from any third parties appearing in any Entries or any further releases, which may be required from Entrant Contact. Failure to produce third party releases upon Promoter’s request may result in disqualification, as determined by Promoter, is its sole and absolute discretion.
By entering this promotion and submitting an entry, your entry materials, as defined below, may be included in promoter’s commercial material, as well as at promoter’s website or social media platforms at its sole discretion. Promoter has no obligation to use or post any entry submitted by any entrant contact. The use of an entry by promoter or any promotion entity does not have any effect on the winner selection process.
Each entrant contact represents, understands and acknowledges that he/she will not be paid for or receive any form of compensation or royalty (other than the prize stated herein if selected as a prize winner) in exchange for granting promoter the non-exclusive license rights or for any subsequent use of such entry by promoter. If requested, Entrant Contact will sign any documentation that may be required for Promoter or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Entry.
- Judging of Finalist Determination: All entries will first be screened to ensure they meet the submission criteria set out in Rule 6. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprising representatives of the Promoter and Administrator and one (1) independent judge (collectively, “Judges”) and a total of one (1) Grand Prize Winner and five (5) Honoree Prize Winners will be determined based upon the six (6) highest point totals awarded using the following criteria:
- Impact of Nominee’s actions in the Community (0-50 points);
- Quality of Nomination and the duration of service to the Community (0-25 points); and
- Emotional Pull/Alignment with the Contest Theme (0-25 points)
The Entry that earns the highest score based on the Judging Criteria stated herein will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The next top five (5) scoring Entries based on the Judging Criteria stated herein will each be deemed an Honoree Prize Winner. Decisions of the Judges will be final and binding on all matters. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional independent judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate the tied Entries according to the Judging Criteria listed above. In the event an insufficient number of Entries are received (as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion), less than six (6) winners may be selected or this Promotion, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, may be cancelled or the Promoter may take such other actions as it deems reasonable in the circumstances.
Prizes: The following prizes are available to be won in the Promotion (each a “Prize” and collectively, “Prizes”):
One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of one (1) five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD)/three thousand six hundred British pounds sterling (£3,600) check made payable to the Grand Prize Winner, five hundred dollars ($500 USD)/three hundred sixty British pounds sterling (£360) worth of Master Lock product designated by Sponsor to be used by the Grand Prize Winner’s local community at his/her discretion and one (1) Master Lock Swag Kit valued at $50 USD/£36. The total ARV of the Grand Prize: $5,550 USD/£3,996 GBP. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to select one (1) global charity from a pre-selected list of three (3) global charities designated by Master Lock and the Grand Prize Winner’s selected charity will receive one (1) one thousand dollars ($1,000 USD)/seven hundred twenty-five British pounds sterling (£725 GBP) donation.
Five (5) Honoree Prizes: Each Honoree Prize consists of one (1) five hundred dollars ($500 USD)/three hundred sixty British pounds sterling (£360) check made payable to the Honoree Prize Winner, five hundred dollars ($500 USD)/three hundred sixty British pounds sterling (£360) worth of Master Lock product designated by Sponsor to be used by the Honoree’s local community at his/her discretion and one (1) Master Lock Swag Kit valued at $50 USD/£36. The total ARV of each Honoree Prize: $1,050 USD/£756 GBP. Each Honoree Prize Winner will be required to select one (1) global charity from a pre-selected list of three (3) global charities designated by Master Lock and each Honoree Winner’s selected charity will receive one (1) five hundred dollars ($500 USD)/three hundred sixty British pounds sterling (£360) donation.
Total Value of all Prizes: $10,800 USD/£7,776 GBP.
Total Value of all Charitable Donations: $3,500 USD/£2,525 GBP.
- General Prize Conditions: The Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available (in whole or in part), including any unused portion or element of any Prize. However, if we consider it appropriate, or if it becomes necessary for reasons beyond our control, a Prize might be varied or swapped for a suitable alternative in our discretion (which may consist of one or more items of equal or greater value). Master Lock product awarded as part of the Grand Prize and Honoree Prizes cannot be sold, bartered, traded or transferred. The winners are solely responsible for all use made of the Prizes. Subject to Rule 14 and except as expressly provided in these terms, no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms are made, given or accepted by us and no other terms shall apply, as between us and any person, in relation to the Prizes) including without limitation any terms as to suitability, reliability, satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose, or any other implied terms, all of which we exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law. Limit one (1) Prize per person. All Prize Claims become the property of the Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned. A person is not a winner of any Prize, even if a winning prize message or any other aspect of the Promotion should so indicate, unless and until the person’s eligibility and the Prize Claim have been verified. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
- Forfeiture of Prizes: Any Prizes that are not validly claimed in accordance with Rule 11 will be forfeited without notice or liability to the winner. If the Grand Prize and any Honoree Prizes are not validly claimed, any such unclaimed Prizes will be awarded to next highest scoring Entries in accordance with Rule 7.
- Claiming Prizes: It is the winner’s responsibility to monitor their email address, including any junk mail folder, for receipt of the notification. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. Promoter will attempt to notify the Entrant Contacts of the Prize winners by email and telephone on or about 15 September 2021. If Promoter’s notification is returned as undeliverable, such Prize winner may be disqualified. Each winning Entrant Contact and winning Nominee (“Prize Winner”) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance or similar documentation and where permitted, a Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 September 2021, in order to claim the Prize. Non-compliance with any of these Rules may result in disqualification, and if the Prize Winner is disqualified, the Prize Winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the signed Declaration of Compliance and/or Publicity Release (if required) is not received by Promoter in a timely manner, the Prize Winner is ineligible, or the Prize Winner declines his/her Prize, the Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring Entry. Promoter is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to Entrant Contacts not by Promoter, or for any change of Entrant Contact’s email, telephone or mailing address. By signing and returning the Declaration of Compliance and Publicity Release (where permitted), each Prize winner and his/her Entrant Contact agree that he/she/they will keep their Prize-winning status confidential and will not communicate or announce the Prize-winning status with any individual, media, or networking service (whether orally or in writing) until authorized by Promoter. In the event a Prize winner or his/her Entrant Contact communicates or announces the Prize-winning status publicly as stated herein before Promoter authorization, such Prize winner may be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may be deemed a Prize winner.
- Prize Delivery: All Prizes will be delivered to each prize winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks after Promoter’s receipt of a valid Declaration/Release or Prize Acceptance Form (as applicable) from the Prize winner and no later than 15 November, 2021.
- Publicity: By entering this Promotion, Entrant Contact agrees that in the event of a win, he/she will co-operate and take part in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion and will sign (if requested by us) an irrevocable release form allowing us, without any compensation being payable, to use Entrant Contact’s name, Essay, Photograph, likeness, details of the country and/or city where Entrant Contact lives, any comments made by or attributed to Entrant Contact, and to incorporate any such information in and any audio/visual recording or broadcast for such promotional purposes, in any media, throughout the world.
- Our Liability: To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising from the Promotion, your participation in it and your use of the Prize. In particular, we will not be liable for any loss that is not caused by us or that was caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. However, nothing in these Rules limits or excludes our liability in any way for: (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other liability for which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude. Consumers have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described and services which are not performed with reasonable care and skill and these legal rights are in addition to and are not affected in any way by anything contained in these Rules.
- Cancellation and variation: We reserve the right to vary, suspend or cancel this Promotion and/or these Rules if we consider it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside our reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the Prizes may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to the date of cancellation.
- Interference with the Promotion Attempts to deliberately damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of this Promotion is prohibited and may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and in these circumstances we reserve all rights and remedies.
- Disqualification: Without limiting the options available to us, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who cheats or tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process for, or the operation of, the Promotion, or whose conduct is in breach of any applicable laws, any of these Rules, or the spirit or intention of the Promotion. We reserve the right at any time to require such proof of eligibility as we reasonably consider necessary.
- Disclosure of Winner’s Details: By entering this Promotion, you acknowledge that if you are a major prize winner your surname and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. You may object to your information being made available in this way, or you may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of these Rules. In these circumstances, you acknowledge that we may nevertheless disclose such information and your Entry in full to the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK if required to do so. To request disclosure of major prize winners, enquirers must submit a request by email to email@example.com. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after 18 October 2021.
- Accessing these Rules: Any website on which these Rules are posted is only intended to be accessed from Great Britain and where permitted by law. We do not make any representation that materials relating to this Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
- Severance and Waiver: If any part of these Rules is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Rules will not be affected. Our failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes: If there is a dispute about the Promotion or these Rules, our decisions are final. If there is a dispute between these Rules and any other document referred to in these Rules, these Rules take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
- Law and Jurisdiction: The Promotion and these Rules are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, except that residents of Scotland may also choose to bring proceedings in the Scottish or English courts, but if we bring legal proceedings, we may only do so in your country.
- Contact: Enquiries about the Promotion can be sent to the Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Void Where Prohibited.
Promoter’s nominated charities
|Name||Registered charity number||Address/Location||Charitable objectives|
|UNICEF||England and Wales: #1072612 and Scotland: #SC043677||One Westfield Avenue, London E20 1HZ England||UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights and to help them fulfil their potential from early childhood through adolescence|
|United Way||#1153509||United Way UK, Coram Campus, 41 Brunswick Square, London, WC1N 1AZ England||United Way UK provides support to local communities to ensure every family and every individual can reach their full potential through good education, financial stability and healthy lives.|
|International Union for Conservation of Nature Chapter in the United Kingdom is Rocha International||#1089276 (England and Wales) and SCO42147 (Scotland)||80 Windmill Road, Brentford, TW8 0QH United Kingdom||Responds to the global crisis of biodiversity loss by carrying out community-based conservation projects. It spearheads practical measures for conserving and restoring habitats and their fauna and flora.|
UNICEF, United Way and International Union for Conservation of Nature are not sponsors of this Contest and do not endorse this Contest in any way.
- Any personal data processed in connection with the Promotion will be processed in accordance with applicable laws, this Processing Notice and Promoter’s privacy notice, which can be found at https://masterlock.eu/privacy-policy.
- Promoter is the controller in respect of any personal data processed in connection with the Promotion.
- Administrator is a processor, acting under Promoter’s instruction.
- Promoter will process, and permit the processing of, personal data for the purposes of the proper administration of the Promotion and the use of Entries in the ways described in these Rules. Please note that in the event of a win, winning Photographs and Essays may be published and otherwise made available publicly as set out in these Rules.
- If you opt in to receive marketing from Promoter in relation to Promoter’s products, services, offers and promotions, Promoter will also use your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of direct marketing at any time using the unsubscribe link in our communications.
- It is in Promoter’s legitimate interest to use personal data as set out in these Rules, this Processing Notice and Promoter’s privacy notice to ensure the Promotion is operated and administered properly and in accordance with these Rules and to enable Promoter to publicize this Promotion.
- Promoter will share personal data with Administrator and other Promotion Entities in order to operate and administer the Promotion and to enable use of the Entries in the ways described in these Rules.
- Promoter will retain personal data as long as is necessary to administer the Promotion and to use the Entries in the ways described in these Rules and in accordance with the retention policy set out in our Privacy Notice.
- Promoter, Administrator and certain Promotion Entities are located in the United States of America and therefore personal data obtained in connection with this Promotion will be transferred to locations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Non-EEA countries may not provide the same degree of protection for personal data as is provided within the EEA, but Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal data and ensure lawful transfer mechanisms are in place in relation to any ex-EEA transfers.
- Data subjects have certain rights in relation to the use of their personal data, including: to obtain copies of it; to have it corrected or deleted; to limit the way in which it is used; to object to its use; to transfer it; not to be subject to decisions based on automated processing (including profiling); and to complain to the regulator, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). To find out how to raise concerns with the regulator, see their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call the helpline on 0303 123 1113. In the event of any concerns, please contact Promoter first so that we can try to resolve any issues. Please note that many data subject rights are not absolute and the extent to which they apply may vary depending on the circumstances and any exemptions that may apply. To exercise data subject rights or to discuss any data processing concerns, please contact Promoter by email@example.com.