Q: My key is not broken, but does not work in the safe?
It is possible that some debris is caught in the lock of your unit. To open your unit, please follow these steps:
1. Check the engraved letter on your key and verify that it matches the engraved letter on the key-lock cylinder.
2. Spray WD-40 oil in the lock.
3. Tap it lightly with a hammer.
4. Try the key again.
Q: What are your customer service hours?
Master Lock helpline is available from Monday through Friday, from 1:30PM to 11PM (GMT). More information can be found at our helpline.
Q: Where do I find my serial number or my model number on my safe?
This depends on the Master Lock product you have purchased. The serial number on your safe may be found in a number of places. The first place we recommend you to look is on the cover (front or back) of your owner’s manual. If it cannot be found there, check following locations:
- Right hand side (outside) of your door, between the hinges
- Right side of the unit
- On the back of the unit
- Under the unit
Q: What extra steps should I take to deter theft using my safe product?
Depending on the Master Lock safe model you select, it will provide a varying level of security for its contents. Master Lock fire and water resistant Security Digital Combination Safe or Alarm Safe provide protection and security from theft, fire and flood. Master Lock Keyed or Digital Combination Safes as well as Compact Safes provide theft protection.
However, no safe is theft-proof. With the right tools, skill and time, any safe can be opened. For greater security and additional protection against theft:
- Always keep your safe closed and locked when not in use.
- Do not share your code/combination, or keep them near the safe.
- Do not tell anyone where the safe is located (except the fire department in the event of a fire).
- Do not put the empty safe carton out with your trash. Cut it into pieces and discard.
- Place your safe with the hinge away from the wall and the door opening next to the wall. This makes it harder to pry the door open.
- If possible, conceal your safe.
- You may bolt your safe to the floor or wall, depending on the model you've selected.